Order Inserts and Insulated Studs
The corrugated ridges of shipping containers have varying sizes and dimensions for the walls and ceilings. Determine your surface you wish to insulate. Select which type and how many inserts you need to order. For more information about inserts and quantites needed see the view specs and descriptions below.
Order CX-LP 46
Order CX-LP 15
Estimating and ordering is simple measure and add together how many lineal feet of framing that your container requires to complete the job. Divide the total lineal footage by 2' long studed inserts. Don’t overestimate, cut studs and inserts can be re-used.
(4 CX-LP Studded Insert = (1) 8' Stud)
Side Walls Inserts (28 per box)
1 box (at $85.00/per box), containing a total of 28 Side Wall Inserts, covering up to 96 sq-ft.
- In Boxes of 28 inserts 4' long (covers 12’of the container wall 8’high)
- One side of a 20' container would need 1 3/4 boxes of the Side Wall inserts
- One side of a 40' container would need 3 1/2 boxes of the Side Wall inserts
- See Measurement Diagram
End Walls Inserts (20 per box)
1 box (at $85.00/per box), containing a total of 20 End Wall Inserts, covering up to 72 sq-ft.
- End Wall Inserts - 4’ (20/box) 72 s.f. coverage
- One box per end wall
- UX 2.0 or EX 2.5 (5 panels/box) 40 s.f.
- You woud need 2 boxes UX 2.0 and one box of inserts
- You woud need 2 boxes EX 2.5 and one box of inserts
- See Measurement Diagram
Ceilings Inserts (56 per box)
1 box (at $85.00/per box), containing a total of 56 Ceilings Inserts, covering up to 160 sq-ft.
Estimating Ceiling Inserts
- Ceiling Inserts - 4’ (57/box) 160 s.f. coverage
UX 2.0 or EX 2.5 (5 panels/box) 40 s.f.
- One 20 Container Ceiling would require 4 boxes of the UX 2.0 or EX 2.5 and 1 Box of ceiling insert
- One 40 Container Ceiling would require 8 boxes of the UX 2.0 or EX 2.5 and 2 Box of ceiling insert
- See Measure Diagram
CX44 Container Series
CX44 Tab Series
|Panel Dimensions||24in × 44in × 2in-3 1/2in|
|Horizontal Chase||48in × 1in × ¾in|
|Vertical Chase||24in × ¾in × ¾in|
|Cutting Indication Lines||√|
|Code Depth Raceways||√|
|Ready for Finishing||√|
|Side Walls weld seam @ 44" O.C.||√|
Order CX44 Container Panel
1 box (at $109.40/per box), containing a total of 5 CX Container Panels, covering up to 36.67 sq-ft.
The CX 44 is specifically shaped insulation designed to fill the corrugation of a shipping container.
The CX 44 Panel 24" x 44"
- Designed to fit 44" wide weld seam to weld seam.
- CX44 Panel (5 panels/box) 36.67 s.f.
- One 20’ high cube wall would require 5 boxes of the CX 44 panels
- One 40’ high cube wall would require 10 boxes of the CX 44 panels
- Side Wall Inserts Option if you are not using the CX panel