InSoFast EX 2.5
Building Science Nailed
EX 2.5 Engineered Features
- 4ft × 2ft × 2½in
- R-10 Continuous Insulation
- Nailable, Mold-Resistant, Embedded Stud Framing
- Interlocking Tongue and Groove Edges
- Dual-Surface Drain and Dry Technology
- Optimized for Exterior Wall Applications
- Closed-cell, injection molded polystyrene is a durable and reliable insulation. Independent studies have shown that polystyrene maintains its R-Value year-after-year. No thermal drifting.
- Fully insulated, embedded studs are made from non-conductive copolymer plastic. Direct thermal transfer from the fasteners is reduced. The studs are recessed by a ½in of insulation.
Moisture Control and Rain Screen Performance
- InSoFast panels are engineered with materials that will not rot, rust, warp, or decay when exposed to moisture.
- Built-in drainage planes on the front and back of the EX panel simplify multiple processes of a rain screen assembly.
- The interlocks on all 4 sides have engineered capillary breaks to prevent water migration through the insulation. The InSoFast panel is not reliant on building tapes for a weather-tight seal.
Simplicity of Installation
- Nail on panels, nail on siding.
- Easy to handle, easy to cut, easy to attach, easy to get right.
- Engineered to incorporate multiple complex processes in a single panel. Proper installation does not require a background in building science.
- InSoFast's application is not weather sensitive and can be applied in even the most adverse conditions.
Insulation that EXceeds
InSoFast EX 2.5 provides a continuous wall of R-10 insulation with built-in mold-resistant framing, dual-surface moisture control channels and electrical chaseways in a single, interlocking panel that's ready for drywall or cladding attachment.
EX 2.5 panels have 25% more insulation than our UX 2.0 panel. The extra insulation is added over the surface of the stud to further eliminate the potential for thermal bridging in a finished wall. Therefore, EX panels actually outperform R-15 insulated walls that are assembled with traditional framing methods.
EX 2.5 is a continuous insulation (CI) weather screen assembly designed for application over exterior walls. It is part of a complete rain screen solution that maximizes energy efficiency coupled with advanced moisture management properties.
The EX weather screening properties support a building envelope in three main ways. Its primary function is to provide an insulation barrier, secondary to protect against water penetration, and tertiary to provide a cladding attachment system that maintains thermal isolation. Exterior finishing options can include thin brick, metal panels, tile, cultured stone, stucco, and the popular cement board siding to name a few.