InSoFast EX 2.5 Engineered Features for Exterior Applications
- R-10 closed-cell, injection molded polystyrene is a durable and reliable insulation. Independent studies have shown that polystyrene maintains its R-Value year-after-year. No thermal drifting.
- Fully insulated, embedded studs are made from non-conductive copolymer plastic. Direct thermal transfer from the fasteners is reduced. The studs are recessed by a ½in of insulation.
- EX 2.5 panels have 25% more insulation than our UX 2.0 panel. The extra insulation is added over the surface of the stud to further eliminate the potential for thermal bridging in a finished wall. Therefore, EX panels actually outperform R-15 insulated walls that are assembled with traditional framing methods.
- InSoFast panels are engineered with materials that will not rot, rust, warp, or decay when exposed to moisture.
- Built-in drainage planes on the front and back of the EX panel simplify multiple processes of a rain screen assembly.
- The interlocks on all 4 sides have engineered capillary breaks to prevent water migration through the insulation. The InSoFast panel is not reliant on building tapes for a weather-tight seal.
- In a side-by-side comparision between InSoFast EX 2.5 and traditional rainscreen/insulation assemblies, choosing InSoFast saved thousands of dollars. See the difference.
Moisture Control and Rain Screen Performance
- Nail on panels, nail on siding.
- Easy to handle, easy to cut, easy to attach, easy to get right.
- Engineered to incorporate multiple complex processes in a single panel. Proper installation does not require a background in building science.
Simplicity of Installation
Click here to view the offical
Intertek Code Compliance Testing Report (CCRR-1029)
Testing was conducting by internationally-recognized Intertek as part of Architectural Testing's ANSI-accredited code compliance research program. The report (CCRR-1029) addresses the compliance of both the UX 2.0 and EX 2.5 panels for interior and exterior applications under the following codes:
- 2012 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2012 International Residential Code (IRC)
- Oregon Residential Specialty Code (ORSC), Section R703.1.1
In addition, the report evaluates key performance and safety properties involving physical properties, surface burning, wind load resistance and drainage performance. It includes a list of supporting tests such as those documented under ASTM standards as well as criteria for best-practice installations.
Further details can be found under the Technical dropdown menu of this website.
|Panel Body||24in × 48in × 2½in|
|Dual-Surface Drainage Channels||24in × ¼in × ¼in|
|Horizontal Chases||48in × 1in × ¾in|
|Vertical Chases||24in × ¾in × ¾in|
|Continuous Insulation R-Value||R-10|
|Comparable Performance to||2x4 Wall/R-15 Batts|
|Fully Insulated Composite Studs||Recessed ½in below surface|
|Tongue-and-Groove Interlocking Edges||Improved tightness aids structural self-leveling|
|Cutting Indication Lines||Yes|
|Electrical Raceways at Code Depth||Yes|
|Designed Ready for Finishing Attachment||Interior/Exterior (drywall, siding, etc)|
|Designed for Basements||Improved performance compared to UX 2.0|
|Designed for Exteriors||Improved performance compared to UX 2.0|
|Moisture Control||ORSC, Section R703.1.1-approved rain screen and drainage technology on both sides|
Get a Sample Panel
EX 2.5 Architectural Sample
Contains a portion of the EX 2.5 panel that demonstrates key engineered features. Includes installation guide and other product literature.
Shipped direct via USPS
EX 2.5 Contractor Sample
Contains a full EX 2.5 panel that demonstrates all engineered features. Includes installation guide and other product literature.
Shipped direct via FedEx