Suggested products for Exteriors applications
Closed-cell, injection-molded EPS foam body achieves R-10 insulation. Built into the front and back of the EX panel is a network of shingle-style capillary channels. They comply with Oregon Residential Speciality Code section R701.1 allowing the panel to serve as a certified rainscreen for exterior applications.
Exterior Application Guides
FeaturesInSoFast EXe panel is a no compromise, one step process that takes the complexity out of exterior continuous insulation. No longer will you have to deal with all of those parts, pieces, or problems. Our panel drains better, dries better, performs better and just plain works better.
Extreme Weather Installation
If you opt to use a power nail gun in colder weather to install InSoFast panels and/or siding, it is only recommended that the temperatures are above 60° F. It is up to the contractor, and/or building official to determine the suitability for the use of power nail guns when installing siding. The contractor should verify that the fasteners do not crack the stud and are not over or under-driven into the stud. If you have questions or need specific cold weather nailing options please call our technical department. Adhesives are subject to extreme weather conditions before you proceed refer to the adhesive manufacturer's latest technical bulletins.
Continuous insulation for NFPA 285 compliant wall assemblies
- One detail, one solution . . . unlimited cladding options
- Improves and protects the continuous air barrier
- Less parts and pieces = less training
- One trip to the wall
- Assemble Less. Build Better.
Best product for continuous insulation
- No energy penalty for the studs
- Self-flashing panels . . . no tape needed
- Non-conductive stud framing
- Thermally recessed fasteners
- Non corrosive stud...no rusting
- Lives up to its name: In So Fast
Most complete choice for continuous insulation
- Built to last - nothing will, rot, mold or decay
- Drains better, dries better, performs better
- Redundancy, safety, improved performance
- Combines rainscreen, insulation, and attachment
- Doesn’t require special tools and training
- It just plain works better
InSoFast Plus Method
Need a higher R-value? It’s easy to increase your R-Value beyond R-10 while maintaining the engineered benefits of the continuous InSoFast panels. Simply add rigid foam insulation board over top of InSoFast panels. This saves money by utilizing locally obtained rigid foam to enhance the R-Value. Additionally, projects can be completed in a fraction of the amount of time because they start with a base of feature-rich, low-labor InSoFast panels.