How To Links:
Container Quick Links >>
- Estimating & Installation Preparations
- Wood Window Frame Install
- Installing CX44 Panels on the Side Walls
- Inside Container Corners
- Installing Panels on the End Wall
- Installing Panels on the Ceiling
- Installing Panels on the Floor
- Installing Plumbing
- Installing Electrical
- Installing Drywall, Trim, Cabinets
- Cold Weather Adhesive Application Tips
Installing Board and Batten Siding
Our use of board and batten siding demonstrates one of the many finishing choices you have when you insulate a shipping container with InSoFast. It is visually clean and crisp and will have a timeless look as it weathers and complements the weathered steel on the lower portion of the shipping container.
InSoFast stable insulation panel will work well with the board and batten siding's natural expansion and contraction and the system and will be super durable. This application also demonstrates the placement of horizontal furring strips to facilitate the vertical siding application. The completed system as shown is a rain screen with the furring strip stand-off, that allows for air flow and drying of the board and batten siding.
- Begin by air sealing the steel container with spray foam to reduce cold spots and the possibility of hidden condensation.
- For outside corners use a 25-gauge utility angle to provide solid attachment for the siding materials.
- Screw attach the 25-gauge utility angle, note that the InSoFast studs run horizontally along the end wall.
- The CX44 panels studs run vertically every22” on center. To attach vertical siding to vertical studs we installed horizontal furring strips 16" on center.
- The bumped-out rain screen design added to the energy efficiency and durability to the natural wood siding.
- Use enough fasteners to properly secure the siding material to the wall.
- No furring strips are required when the InSoFast studs are horizontal.
- A temporary shim was placed on the red metal flashing to assure that the vertical siding's cut edge will be able to dry.
- A decorative corner post was pre-nailed to finish the outside edge.
- Finishing window trim was installed.
- A pre-cut spacer was used to aid in the application of the vertical battens.
InSoFast Plus Method
Need a higher R-value? No Problem! Start with a base of InSoFast continuous insulation panels they are feature-rich and easy to install. Then add rigid foam insulation over top of InSoFast panels.