How To Links:
Container Quick Links >>
- Estimating & Installation Preparations
- Wood Window Frame Install
- Installing CX44 Panels on the Side Walls
- Inside Container Corners
- Installing Panels on the End Wall
- Installing Panels on the Ceiling
- Installing Panels on the Floor
- Installing Plumbing
- Installing Electrical
- Installing Drywall, Trim, Cabinets
- Cold Weather Adhesive Application Tips
Adding Architectural Wood Framed Build-outs
Attach the pre-framed wood wall to the InSoFast stud using standard exterior decking screws.
- The framed wood wall build-out was constructed into 3 sections for easy handling.
- The wood studs are pre-drilled and counter sunk so the exterior decking screws provide a flush surface for attaching the exterior sheathing.
- On the end walls the studs run horizontally and this will change the screw fastening pattern for attaching the exterior framing.
- Fasten the exterior sheathing with nails or coated deck screws as per APA (American Plywood Associations) guidelines.
- Apply appropriate foot pound pressure to securely fit the sheathing into place. Professionally kick fitted.
- Add an attachment flange where needed. The studs are running horizontally, so the flange was added for finishing the vertical siding later.
- Protect all exposed foam edges. Here a decorative wood end cap is used to protect the edge.
- For the end cap we used a combination of adhesive and corrosion-resistant fasteners to seal and protect the end of the wall's edge.
- Follow standard frame construction details and apply a weather resistant barrier to the manufacturer's recommended procedures.Weather resistant barriers is important to protect the wood frame assembly from moisture damage it deflects and drain moisture away from the wood frame build-out.
- Next we installed a decorative tapered wood sill to control moisture away from the container.
- Another important detail is to install metal flashing to the underside of the container and wall transition.
- A decorative red flashing is used to protect the wood sill.
- The Shipping container is now ready for installing the finished siding.
InSoFast's design approach is to provide a superior moisture managed drainage system for all exterior wall surfaces. We believe that an engineered and redundant systems approach is the best way to assure the long term durability of your project. So the details we are using reflect harsh and wet climate zones. Best practice and application methods can vary from climate zone to climate zone.
InSoFast Plus Method
Need a higher R-value? No Problem! Start with a base of InSoFast continuous insulation panels they are feature-rich and easy to install. Then add rigid foam insulation over top of InSoFast panels.